Erasmus+ Programme supports traineeships for students such as work placement, internships and other practical experiences abroad.
The main aim of doing traineeship is to improve your communication, language and inter-cultural skills but also to acquire soft skills required by future employers and be well prepared to the labour market.
Can I take part?
• Students are enrolled in higher education institutions at Bachelor and Master level, as well as for doctoral candidates.
• It is possible to combine traineeships with a study period abroad.
• The Traineeship can carried out at any organisation with the exception of EU institutions, bodies and agencies.
The traineeship abroad can last from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months or from 3 to 12 months if combined with a study period.
Which organisations are eligible?
Non-academic organisations are eligible to host students on traineeships such as:
• a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
• a public body at local, regional or national level;
• a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
• a research institute;
• a foundation;
• a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
• a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
• a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
The financial support is identical to the grants received during mobility for studies.
Israeli students will receive a monthly grant up to €800 to €900.
International students vising Israel will receive a grant of €700 a month.
However, participating organisations always have the option to provide top up funds according to their willingness and sources.
It is important to note, some National Agencies for Erasmus+ in Programme Countries allow grants to be topped up between €100 to €200 per month.
1. Your higher education institution and the receiving organisation must sign a Learning Agreement for Traineeships.
2. You receive Erasmus+ Student Charter, explaining your rights and obligations for the traineeship abroad.