Erasmus+ Programme supports traineeships for students such as work placements, internships and other practical experiences abroad.
The main aim of doing traineeship is to gain experience, improve your communication, language and inter-cultural skills but also to acquire soft skills required by future employers and be well prepared for the labour market. It is recommended to combine traineeships with a study period abroad.
If you are:
• Enrolled in a nationally accredited higher education institution
• Enrolled in one of the study programmes to a recognized degree qualification
• At least in the second year of your BA degree.
Contact you the international office at your university for more information on Erasmus+ opportunities
The traineeship abroad can last from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months or from 3 to 12 months if combined with a study period.
Which organisations are eligible?
Non-academic organisations are eligible to host students on traineeships such as:
• a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
• a public body at local, regional or national level;
• a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
• a research institute;
• a foundation;
• a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
• a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
• a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
The financial support is identical to the grants received during mobility for studies.
Israeli students will receive a monthly grant up to €900.
International students vising Israel will receive a grant of €700 per month.
1. Your higher education institution and the receiving organisation must sign a Learning Agreement for Traineeships.
2. You receive Erasmus+ Student Charter, explaining your rights and obligations for the traineeship abroad.