Public Health in Israel: Discussion and Project Showcase
On July 12h, 2023, NEO Israel hosted an event focused on the SEEEPHI project.
In 2017, the Quality Assurance Department at the Israeli Council for Higher Education conducted an assessment of the state of Public Health studies in Israel. The subsequent reports, composed by a committee of International and Israeli experts in the field stressed the need for reform and was an integral part in prompting the formulation of the Erasmus+ project "Sharing European Educational Experience in Public Health for Israel" (SEEEPHI).
SEEEPHI is a Capacity Building in Higher Education project which transfers knowledge and best practices from European Union Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to countries and HEIs outside the EU. The project began in January 2021 and in its consortium are The Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER) as the coordinating organization as well as ASPHER Member schools (four EU HEIs and four Israeli HEIs) and the Israeli Association of Public Health Physicians.
Towards SEEEPHI's last year of activity under the Erasmus+ program, the National Erasmus+ Office in Israel and SEEEPHI held a joint meeting to showcase the project's results and outcomes and to discuss, retrospectively and prospectively, the status and developments in the field of public health in Israel.
Various national stakeholders and policymakers took part in the event, among them:
- Dr. Sharon Alroy Preis Head of Public Health Services, The Israeli Ministry of Health
- Dr. Udi Kliner District Physician of the Central District, The Israeli Ministry of Health
- Ms. Ilana Gans National Supervising Nurse at the Public Health Services, The Israeli Ministry of Health
- Mr. Elad Schlesinger Head of the Public Health Directorate, The Israeli Ministry of Health
- Prof. Yoseph Mekori Chairperson of the Israeli Planning and Budgeting Committee, The Israeli Council for Higher Education (CHE-PBC)
- Ms Sigal Mordoch Acting Deputy Director-General of Quality Assurance, CHE-PBC
- Ms. Eti Naim Program Director of Natural Sciences and Engineering, CHE-PBC
- Ms. Einav Livneh Schwartz Coordinator of the National Erasmus+ Office Israel